Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Give Kids the World

Ever since I started running I've wanted to give back to the community - to do something bigger than myself.
When I heard about Give Kids the World I was hooked. Give Kids the World (GKTW) takes children with life-threatening illnesses to vacation in Orlando and gives them free accommodations and theme park tickets - giving them a week of hope. GKTW was started by a Holocaust survivor who was sent to Auschwitz as child himself. He wanted to make a difference in the lives of children with illnesses - children who have lost hope.

As part of my fundraising I will be volunteering at the GKTW village and running the Glass Slipper Challenge at Disney World - a 10k on Saturday and a half marathon on Sunday.

I have $3,000 to raise. Please consider supporting me on this mission to help children who might not ever have the chance to experience a trip like this. My fundraising page is http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/lfinch/disneyprincessweekend2014 or you can donate at the link to the left of my page.

Thank you so much peoples!

L Finch

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comment if you enjoyed the post!

ShareThis