Sunday, September 8, 2013

Dominating Runner Melissa

I found this quote tonight and it totally reminded me of my amazing friend Melissa. She has so many excuses she could use to hold her back but she is deciding to be - amazing.

Check it out!
What started you running? I started running in 2005 in when I first moved to LA full-time. It viewed it as an outlet to any stay healthy and fit, but as a way to get social and meet others who enjoyed running as much as I did.

What is your greatest running accomplishment? As a way to stay not only motivated, but inspired and healthy I decided to set a major goal for myself, to run 13 half marathons in 13 months, 13.1 Going on Crazy as I like to call it. To detail and track my progress I decided to set up a blog discussing the trials and tribulations of my runs, http://www.13goingoncrazy.com. After completing this challenge I joke and say that I went from crazy to goofy as I have recently completed my first Goofy Race and a Half Challenge. The Goofy Race and a Half Challenge is a half marathon and a marathon in a two day period.

You also balance running with Crohns. How do you manage to do that? Being a runner with both Crohn’s and Celiac Disease one of my biggest healthy living accomplishment’s not allowing either disease to dictate my life. Every run that I complete is a victory and I need to accept myself for who I am and what I am capable of. In life you need to pull yourself up by the bootstraps or in my case my running shoe laces and keep on going and that is exactly what I do.

What are some of your current goals? Currently I trying to place myself in a more stable, productive situation physically, mentally, emotionally. Through running I know that I will succeed at this goal. In regards to running I am aiming to improve my time and be able to run longer intervals. Currently I am a 3:1 ratio. Race wise I have the Dumbo Double Dare this Labor Day, International Long Beach Half Marathon this October, Wine and Dine in November, January WDW Inaugural 10k and Half Marathon, and Tinker Bell! This are all races that I have previously participated in and I look forward to each and every fun filled weekend year after year!


How do you find inspiration for your running? I find inspiration from many different places in terms of my continually being motivated to lace of my sneakers and head out the door. My biggest inspiration when I am lacking the motivation to get out and log those miles is to reflect on how I feel after a run a after crossing line. I sometimes even look at old tweets that I have made after a run to give me the boost that I need.



Check out Melissa online at www.13GoingonCrazy.com. She is also active here:

Please consider supporting Melissa as she raises money for CCFA http://www.active.com/donate/chicagoGLA13/Melissa

UPDATE:
Melissa successfully completed the Dumbo Double Dare in an amazing costume and three amazing medals!!


  

Let's be honest, we all want these medals!!! :D

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comment if you enjoyed the post!

ShareThis