Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Epic 25

TOTALLY re-worked my Epic 25 plan. I think it's a bit more well balanced right now.
I know I've been gone lately, so sorry for that. Super swamped at work, and just stressed in general.
So last night I totally decided to plop down on the couch and watch Cutthroat Kitchen with a tub of ice cream. Half way though (the show, not the ice cream), I said to myself stop. I have all these dreams and goals and here I am totally blowing it. Sure, it's okay to relax, but that was all I've been doing! I've been so stressed out that I've forgotten to do the one thing that really relaxes me.
So I changed into some workout clothes, put my contacts in, and went for a walk. I ran a little but it was mostly a walk with me taking pictures.

I love the thought that life is a journey. We don't always know where it will take us, but we must give it our best shot. I mean, I was pouring myself into a job and forgetting to pour myself into my life. I was spending more time worrying about my boss thought about me then worrying about what I thought about me. I have a strong work ethic, and I always give 110% at
work. If I'm doing all that in my personal and professional life, then I am really living to the fullest.

It's "easy" to let other people down. It's hard to let yourself down. When I don't preform well at work, I feel like I'm letting myself down. Now I need to transfer that to my personal life. It's hard for me to express what I want to do, what I need to do. I'm scared to try because I really really really don't want to let myself down.

But in not trying I am letting myself down.

Does my rambling make any sense?

Sound off below!!

PS. I am still raising support for Give Kids the World. I have until the end of September to raise $500 through my virtual race, coffee giveaway, or a donation. Can you help?


No comments :

Post a Comment

Comment if you enjoyed the post!

ShareThis